Snippets from Science

Friday, May 05, 2006

Hi..umm..yes..I'm uhm....

I completed my tasks here at work by noon- so what was on the agenda for the remaining 5 hours? Well, my 20-block walking lunch took an hour.(What a gorgeous day). Check. Down to 4 hours...hmm.
I decided to ask a co-worker if she needed help with anything, since she appeared to be swamped. Turns out she did, so now I'm sitting here- googling random private schools across the US, and calling, requesting that an annual report be sent to our executive director here. "What is that for?", you may ask. Well, I hardly know, but it has something to do with checking out the parents of possible future Columbia students, to see what their financial giving history is like. Except when I call, I can't say any of that. I just have to give them my name, and the address where the report should be sent. Shadey.

Surprisingly enough, most of the schools have asked no questions. Are annual reports public knowledge? I guess so; otherwise, I assume they would want all of my information. I feel a bit like a telemarketer, except I'm not asking for any actual money, or selling anything. Besides my soul, of course. That was a prerequsite of moving to New York.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home