Snippets from Science

Sunday, April 23, 2006

You make me feel so nasty

I had a plan. I was going to tell Robert that the Scissor Sisters show at the Bowery Ballroom tonight was OK. I was going to tell him it was just OK until I realized he could see right through me and know I was lying to his face. But I just know that he will take comfort in the fact that SS's home base is indeed our fair city, and they will be playing here again, once the new album is released. He will see them then. I have no doubt.
That being said, I have to say that tonight was one of the most entertaining shows I have seen in a while. In fact, I would say it's the most entertaining thing I've seen since NIN. The band was amazing, the venue was awesome, and I stood next to Anderson Cooper. (Hear that, Lauren? We joked about it so much it actually came true! Unfortunately, he did not impregnate me, so all I have is standing next to Anderson Cooper for part of a gay pop concert. Not even the whole thing. He was wearing jeans, a tee shirt, and a cap.)
In addition to Mr. CNN, I ran into Heatherette (and once again, I did actually run into Richie Rich. I really need to watch where I'm going.) I also saw Karl Lagerfeld, who is about 100, and Kylie Minogue. They were standing together in the balcony.
I really hope Robert doesn't hate me. I will of course tell him all this in the morning before he reads this, so he will know that my ticket wasn't entirely free as was the plan. But that's OK. I'm filthy gorgeous.

2 Comments:

  • Okay...as if Anderson Cooper could be any hotter, he goes to rock concerts. Also, your gift came back to me because I did have the wrong address. Silly me.

    By Blogger missnakia, at 6:06 AM  

  • haha i don't hate you, but i just cried a little at my desk.

    By Blogger Robert, at 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home