Snippets from Science

Friday, April 21, 2006

Starting off on the wrong foot

The wrong choice in footwear can be absolutely fatal in a city like New York. Everyone walks, everywhere. And I love it! I love that I'm getting extra exercise in addition to my weekly gym routine. What I don't love is having to run 65 errands in heels. It's just no fun. Most of the time, if I plan to wear heels out for the evening, I know I'll be complaining at some point that my feet are bleeding. I usually rely on alcohol to numb that pain.
But, since I can't go to work drunk (or can I?), I am on a quest for the perfect shoes. I've compiled a list of what they must be. I doubt I'll find them- it's next to impossible. It's like finding the perfect man- he only exists on TV.
Anyway, here are the crucials:

1. Must fit well. No sliding, no slipping off the back of the foot, no toe pinching. NO blisters.
2. Must match a lot of things. Generally, I wear lighter colors in the summer, so something in a tan shade might be more ideal than black. Then again, I love color- so something red or pink might work too.
3. Must be in vogue. Nothing '90s.
4. Must be able to go from day to night.
5. Must have a SLIGHT heel, as I'm fairly short.
6. Must be affordable. (I.E., I'm not spending $300.00)


That about does it for my must-haves. If anyone can come up with a shoe that fits all of these requirements, please let me know. Summer is upon us, and something tells me my black knee-high boots are just a STITCH too warm.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home