Snippets from Science

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Back to life...back to reality

I don't think I realized what a huge life change I have made until yesterday. After a long-ass run through Central Park Saturday morning, Robert and I headed to Penn Station to ride the expensive train to Baltimore. We came back for Easter Vigil, and 2 Easter morning services at St. David's. It was quite the whirlwind trip- we really only had time to eat, sing, sleep, sing, and eat again.
Somewhere between singing and eating, the massive 180 hit me. The transition with the move was pretty smooth- no rough patches, a great apartment, jobs, and friends. But it really is quite different from my routine in Baltimore. No car, no big houses, no mall in every direction, no MD crabs. Of course, these things can all be made up for in NYC- or can they?
Here, there is any cuisine imaginable, any shop imaginable, any bar, any music, any person...but it just isn't quite as simple. It's bigger, scarier, more expensive, and much crazier. It's a lifestyle- it really is.
That being said, I'm sure I'll feel more at home in the weeks/months to come. For now, I still kind of feel like I'm playing house. I am still waiting to arrive at the Baltimore Travel Plaza, get in my car, and drive back to Roland Park, where I'll come home to Ashley watching Lifetime and playing on the internet.

3 Comments:

  • I told beautiful Steve I spent the weekend partying in LA meeting a rockstar and sitting by the pool. He got an Easter basket full of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups from his mom. He didn't believe that I'd give up any kind of partying anytime to be with family on Easter.

    By Blogger Ratface, at 8:42 PM  

  • um, I'm pretty sure that Jesus rose again just so we can party. Happy Easter!

    By Blogger George Lam, at 6:41 AM  

  • oh wow, i didn't know you wrote this post before i wrote mine. we need hugs when we get home!

    By Blogger Robert, at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home