Snippets from Science

Thursday, April 06, 2006

This is the life?

I've been in New York for 6 days now, and it's starting to feel like home. The apartment is mostly together (as soon as Bobbo finishing unpacking tonight), and we FINALLY have internet and cable. Yes, I'm excited about having cable. I like the Food Network and Lifetime, ok? Plus, it's been amazing just how much we have needed internet access over the past week. Luckily, there is a cyber cafe just across the street, so we have been able to check email.
I've had two interviews with temp agencies, and one interview for a temp-to-perm position, but am still not working. I actually don't mind- it gives me a chance to walk aimlessly around Manhattan and sleep past 8:00 AM. Although, I'm really hoping that changes by next week. While it's great having the biggest city in America at my fingertips, I feel as though my hands are tied. Without a job, I have no money coming in. No money means no going out. In fact, Robert, Amanda, and I had a drink at a cute bar 2 blocks away last night, and my vodka tonic was $8.00. In Queens! Granted, I had Ketel One Vodka, and it was a hip bar, but still. That just goes to show that it don't matter where you are- this place ain't cheap.
So, for now I'll bask in being able to do free things like take an hour-long walk through Central Park (I did that this AM), and orient myself with the LES (that's on tomorrow's agenda). Then, fingers crossed, my house wife role will come to an end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home