Snippets from Science

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Check Couture

Hardly anyone uses actual checks for bills these days. I do most of my bill-paying online. The only bill I don't pay online is my credit card and taxes, of course. I recently opened a new bank account at M&T, since they are located all over MD, NY, PA, etc. I was given a little book of 5 starter checks, and I needed to use two of them to pay my taxes. Here's my question- why can't the checks just be plain, or blue, or green or whatever... without Tweety Bird or the TAZ or a stupid dog? (I don't think dogs are stupid: except on checks.) Seriously...what's with the cartoon character money? There is nothing cartoony about money. Quite the opposite- it's pretty serious stuff. I'm against designer checks. Thank goodness I ordered "Azure"; a cartoony name for Blue, for my printed checks. Otherwise, I'd be too embarassed to hand a voice coach a big, fat payment with Bugs Bunny in the background. Nothin says opera like Disney.

3 Comments:

  • oh yeah? you don't like my beavis and butthead checks? well then don't cash it, bitch!

    By Blogger Robert, at 8:37 AM  

  • I think Bugs Bunny is Warner Bros...but I see your point. Now what are your feelings on flower checks, or the ones with clouds?

    By Blogger Florida Opera/Waitress, at 1:14 PM  

  • I can deal with flowers or clouds more than I can cartoon characters.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home