Snippets from Science

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Eye Kan Spell

Man. Misspelling is really gettin' on my nerves. I understand making simple mistakes- Lord knows I'm guilty. Sometimes I just skim what I've written before publishing it, but if I make any mistakes, Robert is sure to point them out (bitch.)
But lately, the horrible misspellings on mypsace, IM, and even craigslist are out of control. So, in order to help any challenged spellers out there, I'm including some friendly pointers/reminders.

1. Tomorrow, not tomarrow.
2. Awkward, not ocward. Yup..true story.
3. WROUGHT iron, instead of ROD iron. Honestly people.
*Grammar tip* Let's learn the proper uses of apostrophes, and "your/you're", shall we?
4. The, not tha. I don't care if it's on purpose, it's dumb.
5. Dinner is what we eat, diner is where we eat.
*Grammar tip, II. Know the difference between there, their, and wear/were.

That does it for now. I'm sure I'll think of more, but I'm tired and still have a headache from this morning.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home