Snippets from Science

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Rode Hard and Put Up Wet

Being a musician is wonderful, isn't it? All the fucking money we make (yeah right), but then all the fucking money we OWE when tax times rolls around. I attempted to do my taxes a few weeks ago, via Turbo Tax, and was informed I would need an EIN- Employee ID Number. Well I've waited 2 weeks, and called the IRS- still no EIN. So I took matters into my own hands, downloaded all the appropriate forms, and did my own taxes (with my mom's help). Turns out I actually owe MORE money than Turbo Tax said. Wonderful. Not only am I totally broke because I've drained my savings account for NYC, but now I have less than a month to pay these taxes, my regular loans/bills/moving costs, and all without a job. I know- whine, bitch, moan..it's all I'm good for. And singing. Apparently I can sing and get paid for it- but then I have to pay for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home