Snippets from Science

Monday, March 20, 2006

Stressin' Sally

I'm getting nervous about the move. Excited, yes; I know it's the right time/right thing for me to do. And God knows I've spent enough time preparing for it. But now comes the time where I'm starting to get nervous. My stomach hurts at night, my mind races, no matter what I tell myself, I can't relax and just go to sleep. This pattern of being unsettled has happened these times in my life: before 7th grade (Pre-Algebra was really daunting to me. I suck at math, mkay?), before high school ('nuff said), before college, and after grad school. Yes, after not before. Strange.
Anyway, my pattern seems to be, have stomach issues for a few weeks before huge event takes place, have trouble sleeping, and this time around, throw in some bad headaches. I don't like it one bit. But, there isn't much I can do to thwart it. I'm a psychological mess.

4 Comments:

  • remember, hilary,

    Sometimes the world looks perfect
    Nothin' to rearrange
    Sometimes you just
    Get a feelin' like you need some kind of change
    Standin' tall
    On the wings of my dream
    Rise and fall
    On the wings of my dream
    Rain and thunder, the wind and haze
    I'm bound for better days
    It's my life
    It's my dream
    Nothin's gonna stop me now.

    50 points if you can name the theme song! seriously, though, yeah it's good to be nervous but don't freak, we in this TOGETHER.

    By Blogger Robert, at 11:52 AM  

  • Growing Pains

    By Blogger Florida Opera/Waitress, at 1:38 PM  

  • Damn, I was gonna guess Kelly Clarkson or some shit. I know how you like your bubblegum pop.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 2:39 PM  

  • Hang in there, woman. It will get better. I wish there was some way to help you make this transition easier.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home