Snippets from Science

Monday, March 13, 2006

Yikes

I was under the assumption that my benefits would be extended through April; at least, that's what everyone told me. Everyone BUT the benefits office. I just called, and apparently, my insurance will not be following me to New York. Shit.
I am now back in the same position as last year- almost to the day. I didn't have health insurance for a good 9 months after graduating from Peabody. Hopefully, I won't be without coverage for another 9 months after moving to NYC, but seeing as how I still don't have a job, who knows.
Keep your fingers crossed.

4 Comments:

  • you can pay to have your benefits extended. it's called cobra and it's really expensive. you can either give them your first born (luckily i had our baby the week i left. oh, and i forgot to mention, our baby has been missing for 8 months - probably won't ever find her) or it will cost you your singing voice. it's a small price to pay for health insurance.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:15 AM  

  • sometimes i understand why terry's one of the loves-of-my-life. that comment is one of them.

    By Blogger Robert, at 7:23 AM  

  • I TOTALLY understand...the yuckiest feeling in the world-- no coverage

    By Blogger Jessica, at 9:47 AM  

  • i'm singing the song from the little mermaid. the one that she still could sing before she traded her singing voice for health insurance.

    By Blogger George Lam, at 7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home