Snippets from Science

Monday, March 06, 2006

Candy Shoppe

Easter definately brings better candy than any other holiday. Halloween is fine, but it's jut miniture regular old candy bars. And Christmas has some OK stuff, but homemade baked goods are where it's at for Christ's birth. But at the Resurrection, nothin says wash your sins away like some Starburst Jelly Beans and and Reese's Peanut Butter Egg. And, of course, Cadbury Eggs, but I've already devoted an entire post for my love of the cream egg.
Well, I fell victim to entire corner of the store devoted to Easter candy. I broke down and bought some Starburst Jelly Beans, mostly because I knew if I bought any sort of chocolate, I'd be 5 lbs heavier right now. The bag is miraculously still half-full, in our fridge, despite our daily handfuls.
Trouble is, now I'm really jonesin' for something sweet, to follow my lunch of a salad and orange. "But Hilary," you might say, "an orange is sweet". True, but it sure as hell ain't no dark chocolate coconut cream egg, with hard frosted pink and green flowers on top.
Salivating yet?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home