Snippets from Science

Friday, February 24, 2006

Laundry List

First of all, let me start out by saying that I am surprised more of you didn't comment on the Morrissey karaoke video! C'mon, people! This is the one and only time you can prove that I sang karaoke. It won't happen again. Plus, it's right creative! Phong did a good job. Seriously.
Secondly, it's Friday, which means no one is here. OK...there are 3 of us here. 3 out of the usual 9. Which means I have to answer the phones, and I hate answering the phones. There are several lines that could be ringing at once, and I do not have any of the answers for callers' questions. So I just have 50 post-its on my desk, all messages from different people, for someone else to deal with. Sorry, but that's not my job.
And lastly, the driving in this city really will be the death of me, that is if I die before I move. But I'm hoping that doesn't happen. I just don't get it- the horrible disregard for traffic rules, the self-righteousness, the Nascar-like conditions. Yes, I've been accused of having road rage...but I'm NOTHING compared to these morning rush-hour jackass drivers. Alas...only a month left.
Tonight, my sister and I have a date- dinner and the symphony. I'm looking forward to it! I like to think that when I move to New York, I'll frequent the Met and the NYPhil. But, that probably won't happen. That takes money, and time- 2 things I think I'll be short on. But who knows...throw in a fabulous sugar daddy, and my schedule can rearrange itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home