Snippets from Science

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Bring Him Home

About 2 weeks ago, a change took place in my building's cafeteria. As usual, I stopped in the caf first thing, to get my morning dose of caffeine, and my java wasn't waiting for me. That's because my coffee guy wasn't there! At first, I thought maybe he was just sick...but a week and a bitchy barista later, he STILL wasn't there. It's now clear that he's gone. Perhaps he got another job, maybe he was transferred to a different cafeteria, but he's not my barista anymore...and that is sad.
He was so nice and pleasant- always knew exactly what I wanted (a very rare quality in a man), always made pleasant conversation, and kind of looks like Pharrell, but not as hot. Now, there is some super bitchy ghetto girl working the counter, who NEVER smiles, is always slow, and doesn't even tell me how much I owe her. She just gets my coffee, rings it up, and stands there, looking at me, with her arm extended. I don't like this one bit. In my book, Baltimore scores a 30% as far as customer service goes, but my barista guy gave me hope. Maybe he hated his job, maybe that's why he's gone, but he certainly never came across that way.
I guess I was fooled. Wouldn't be the first time.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home