Snippets from Science

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Heartbreak Hotel

Let me preface this by saying I mght be jumping to conclusions.

We all know and love Myspace..or Friendster...or Facebook..or whatever the hell other glorified singles website we obsessively log into. OK, so maybe we're not all obsessed...just at night. I've had the most luck with Myspace, as I've found a ton of old college and high school friends; it's a great way to find out what people have been up to over the years. People I once did keg stands with are now fathers, wives, doctors, in England, or poor musicians- sounds familiar. At any rate, I found an old friend a few days ago and was really surprised to find him. I had looked for him before, but didn't have any luck. Turns out I should have entered his email address as a search tool. So I did- and voila! We haven't spoken in about 1.5 years, and haven't communicated in over a year. Our last bit of communication was an email, from him, apologizing for being a bad friend and pledging to be a better one. It was kind of surprising. True, he hadn't been a good friend for many years, but I just sort of accepted that about him. I responded to the email saying, yes..we can start over...I'm still your friend. No response. Cut to last week, when I Myspaced messaged him. Thrilled that he's not dead, I sent him a message. I sent his friend, who I know, a message. His friend wrote back immediately and said he was happy to hear from me.
I hadn't heard anything from my friend, so I checked his page to see if he had logged on. Sure enough, he did...last night. Did I get a return message? Did he add me as a friend? No and no. Now, as my sister pointed out, maybe he didn't have time to sit down and write a nice, long, sorry-I-haven't-spoken-to-you-in-over-a-year email, but methinks not. I think it's another classic case of yours truely getting shut out. Why does this keep happening? Seriously.
So, if any other long-lost friends plan on shitting on me, save yourself the trouble. I already know what's going to happen.

3 Comments:

  • you are jumping to conclusions. get off your fucking highhorse, not everything's about you

    By Blogger Ratface, at 6:23 AM  

  • Bahahhaha!!

    "In a relationship". Look out! I might ruin your relationship if we're friends!

    By Blogger Hilary, at 6:37 AM  

  • yeah people are wierd. i sent this guy a message, and he just added me, without answering my message. what a bitch.

    You should probably just retaliate by totally not friending him. Now THAT'S mean.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home