Snippets from Science

Friday, February 10, 2006

What you Wanna do is take the M66 Cross-town...

Well I had my first dose of New York reality today- apartment viewing in Harlem. Oh...and a job interview that went well..but back to H-town. Robert, Amanda, and I all agreed we don't want to live in Harlem. I mean, it's no East Baltimore, but it also isn't the most desirable place for 3 young 20-something white kids to live. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised today when I got off the train at 137th and Broadway. I don't know what I thought it was going to look like, but I was picturing E. Monument St., only cleaner. It really looks nothing like E. Monument St. at all- it's not Bed Stuy. It's quaint, old, historic, and there were white and Asian people on the street. Besides being cold as balls, it was a gorgeous day for apartment hunting. The place I saw today was a good start...it wasn't bad, again not what I expected, but it gave me an idea of what we can get for our money. Besides my friends' apartments in New York, which are obviously already rented, I had nothing to go on. But now I do...and it's time to aim a little higher.
So, I probably won't end up in Harlem (with any luck), but I probably won't have a 900 Cathedral St.-style apartment either. Somewhere in the middle will do nicely. Either that or meet an incredibly wealthy older man, who owns a townhouse on the Upper East Side, and is looking for a "housekeeper". Yeah...that's it... a housekeeper.

4 Comments:

  • Anderson Cooper might hire you as a society wife. It could be worse. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:42 AM  

  • if anyone's goin out with coop, it's ME!

    By Blogger Robert, at 6:33 AM  

  • Well, okay, but can Hilary be his society wife? You guys could share. It might be a tight fit in bed at night, but new york is cold, right?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:53 PM  

  • I really want to be Mrs. Anderson Cooper...just for the papers, of course.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home