Snippets from Science

Friday, February 03, 2006

Ugh

OK, I learned my lesson. I shouldn't eat Dairy Queen. You would think, years after switching from regular milk to soy, and limiting my dairy to about 2-3 servings a day instead of the standard 5, I would have learned. But, no. I pushed the envelope, and what it got me was a night, and still morning!, of intestinal hell.
I remember the days when Robert and I would work out at Hopkins gym, then go to Towson Town, where we would treat ourselves to a DQ Breeze, and browse Nordstrom Rack shoes. When we finished our sweets, we left our used DQ cups on the shoe racks (aren't we assholes?), and raced home before impending doom struck. Good times.
Last night, after a disappointing look at H&M, Robert, Phong, and I stopped at DQ. I knew I shouldn't have ordered anything...aside from being super diligent lately about my exercise and diet, I knew it would cost me. But, I did it anyway. That blizzard sure did taste good at the time, but as soon as I got home, I started paying for it. And paying for it. And paying for it. I hardly slept, and this morning, I am still ailing. No good.
I'm really hoping this is out of my system soon, because Ratface and I have guests coming to town tonight. And I need my bowels in tact for some drinking!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home