Snippets from Science

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Let's Get Rocked

After a glorious performance by Broken Social Scene (VIP, by the way....watching the show with BSS's family and friends, FREE), I may or may not have partied with one of the members of BSS at the Mercury Loungue. Pretty fun times in NYC...I sound real fancy, but it's not like I ran into Moby or anything.
Aside from the great music of the evening, I had a really great time bonding with my friend Bucket. As you may have read in previous posts, Bucket and I are friends from WVU times. We were pretty close as freshmen, but then he transferred and we lost touch for a few years. We eventually caught up with each other, and I was overjoyed when I learned that he lives in Brooklyn. So now, we are reunited friends, rehashing 8-year old memories, and creating new ones. In between the billion free beers thrown our way last night, we really learned a lot about each other. We talked about our sex lives, personal lives, fears, troubles, and admitted things we don't like about ourselves to each other. We couldn't have done that 8 years ago. Back then, we were too busy worrying about which party to hit up first.
So I'm thankful to have Bucket in my life again, and stronger than ever. I'm even happier that in 2 months time, I'll be a subway ride away from him. Or maybe even within walking distance! (Anyone find any good Williamsburg deals??)
Yay.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home