Snippets from Science

Monday, January 23, 2006

Don't Step on a Crack...

...or you'll break your mother's back. Did anyone else used to play this game in elementary school?

Every day, on my walk home from Hanover St. Elementary, I avoided sidewalk cracks. For several years. I think I finally stopped obsessing over my mom's impending broken back by 4th grade. Then, I would TRY to avoid the cracks, but if I missed one, oh well.

This morning, while at a stop light, I noticed a little girl walking to school. She was taking an awfully long time to reach the crosswalk. Then I noticed she was either playing the "dont step on a.." game, or has a serious case of OCD. She was tip-toing across the crack-ridden sidwalk, carefully chosing her next move(s). I actually felt kind of bad for her. What should have taken 5 minutes was gonna take this little kid a whole lot longer.

Oh, and GO STEELERS!

2 Comments:

  • 78 steps to the door
    243 steps to school
    98 steps from door to locker
    14 steps from locker to desk
    being labeled OCD at age 9: priceless

    By Blogger Robert, at 7:01 AM  

  • looks like FAS got the best of this one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home