Snippets from Science

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Wino

I'm not a big drinker. That's not to say I didn't put away my fair share of alcohol back in the college...OK and grad school...days. But over the past 2 years, my desire to go out and get schnockered every weekend has disappeared. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy adult beverages. I just don't always enjoy the way I feel the next day. I spend a lot of time taking care of myself physically and vocally- I'm not gonna thwart my efforts for overpriced drinks, dealing with smokers, and figuring out who is driving. Even though it's usually me.
That being said, yesterday my dentist suggested that I have a glass of wine before bed. Reason being, I have TMJ...so I have to wear a night guard. Well now it seems as though that is not enough for my disgruntled jaw- I'm chewing on my tongue. So now I wake up with a sore tongue and even more frustration. "Have you thought about having a glass of wine? I mean, it's stress-related. So that will help you unwind."
So I went to my neighborhood wine store, asked the oh-so-cute clerk for his recommendation, and had myself a nice glass of red before bed. And you know what? No sore tongue this morning. Apparently drinking DOES solve problems!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home