Snippets from Science

Friday, January 13, 2006

Taxman

I'm thinking of doing my own taxes this year, with the help of H&R online. This is a big step for me, considering math was always my worst subject. Plus I know absolutely nothing about taxing. I know that I have a huge folder of receipts, my mileage, and my fingers crossed.
Last year, I paid someone to do my taxes. It was pretty painless, and with my deductions, I only owed $33.00 total. Nice! But then I had to pay $230.00 to have them done. So really, $263.00 (wow! I added.) Much better than the grand I owed the year before that.
The good thing about being an independant contracter (and mostly it sucks), is that I can deduct anything and everything that has to do with music. That means itunes and rock shows, in addition to the operas, sheet music, lessons, coachings, auditions, travel expenses, and everything else in between.
So here's hoping that mama doesn't owe a ton...and that I can figure it out sola.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home