Snippets from Science

Sunday, January 08, 2006

"To a great friend. LYLAS!"

I'm at my parent's house. Mostly because I only got to spend 2 days with the family at Christmas, so I felt like I still needed some lazy fam time. Also because I'm currently broke, so I can't afford to go out and do anything fancy.
At any rate, I was going through some old things in my room, and came across my middle school year book from 1991-92. Wow. I can't beleive how young everyone looks. And how 90's! Yikes. Some terrible fashion decisions made by all. Is that what I'm going to think 10 years from now? That my jeans, haircut, boots, and diesels are SOOO 2006. Probably.
Apparently I was a hateful 6th grader. Weren't we all? As I flipped through the pages, I couldn't help laughing at the messages like, "To a great friend. Have a fun summer!" (from someone I don't think I've seen SINCE the 6th grade. Wow...great friend.) And, "LYLAS! Don't change! Good luck with the guys!" (the guys? I'm 12, thanks.) And my favorite, "Have a good summer. Get laid. Get a boyfriend." (LAID?????? WHAT?????)I also went through the entire yearbook, and drew hearts around the cute boys, exes through the faces of jerks/bitches, and wrote the words "I love" or "I hate" next to kids' names. Man..I would have been one dead 7th grader, had that book ever been found.
So I wonder...has a whole lot changed in the last 14 years? I mean, instead of a yearbook, I have a blog, myspace, and friendster. And instead of drawing hearts around the cute boys, I leave them myspace messages or talk about them with Robert. And as for getting laid and getting a boyfriend...well...

15 Comments:

  • don't cross my face out.

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 10:08 AM  

  • LYLAS?

    By Blogger George Lam, at 8:28 AM  

  • Love You Like A Sister

    By Blogger Hilary, at 8:31 AM  

  • PIIHB! have a great summer!

    By Blogger Robert, at 9:08 AM  

  • getting laid and getting a boyfriend still evade you? have you ever found any zany phalluses?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:00 PM  

  • Who is anonymous? I have Hitachi.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 9:55 AM  

  • what the hell is Hitachi?
    well if you have Hitachi, I have a sprite. Take that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:49 PM  

  • If you don't know, then you never will. I seriously hope you're not a woman. Is this Dennis???!!

    By Blogger Hilary, at 1:27 PM  

  • What does gender matter anyway? I thought you were into chicks...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 AM  

  • Oh anon. Don't get huffy with me just because your penis is the size of an eraser.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 12:02 PM  

  • Even if it was, would you turn it down?
    Anon? What are we, Shakespeare?

    I bet Hitachi has a small penis.
    What's your issue with women, anyway?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:39 PM  

  • Actually, Shakespeare is my last name, so yes! Yes I am.

    Long live Hitachi.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 2:12 PM  

  • Your last name is Ryon. Pretending and acting were always good traits of yours, but I know you far better than that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:52 AM  

  • hil, i have no clue. i don't think it's anyone who's been inside of me - they are all much more clever than that, and they are not blog whisperers.

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 3:33 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home