Snippets from Science

Friday, January 06, 2006

Freud?

"To dream that you are swimming underwater, suggests that you are completely submerged in your own feelings. You are forcing yourself to deal with your emotional difficulties".

I had a dream last night that I was singing this opera where I was a mermaid, and actually had to swim underwater, then come out of the water and sing. I hope that NEVER EVER happens. Anyway, at one point, I was supposed to propel myself out of the water with my fin, but couldn't. So I was struggling to get out of the water, searching for an edge of the pool so I could pull myself out, and then I woke up all panicky. (Paincky?) This was 1 minute before my alarm was set to go off.
So, of course, I looked up swimming in some online dream dictionary, and this is what it said. I am "submerged in my own feelings." In light of recent states of mind and future large endeavors to come, I think that's pretty right on. The subconcious is pretty amazing to me. In fact, most of my outlandish dreams usually cater to what I'm feeling or what I went through that day.
Things that make you go hmmmmmm...

1 Comments:

  • but i bet that if you got that gig you'd do it. christ knows i would.

    By Blogger Robert, at 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home