Snippets from Science

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Oh Thank God

One of my co-workers asked me at lunch today if I've lost weight. I said, "Yeah...but only about 3 lbs...can you honestly tell??" She said "Yes. And your posture has changed- you seem more toned." Now, for all I know, she could have just been saying that to make me feel good, but it reminded me how awesome it is to hear someone say "Have you lost weight?"
For someone who has a constant battle of should I or shouldn't I eat that...is it really worth it...remember how you pushed yourself in spinning, a compliment like my co-worker's is worth 10 Snickers bars. I know some of my fellow readers can totally relate- and some of my fellow readers have no idea. Unless you've struggled with it, you really don't know.
So, the next time someone asks you if you've lost weight, remember how good that feels...and put that donut down.

6 Comments:

  • i understand what you're talking about, but in a different way. twice last week, two people--courtney and someone else--were like, "you're looking buffer!" and it sounds sad but it really has kept me motivated.

    By Blogger Robert, at 12:02 PM  

  • eat your donuts, you pigs!

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 9:09 PM  

  • I love those comments! They always make me feel so good!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:00 AM  

  • i'd trade a compliment for a bag of doritos or a snicker bar at least once a week. or everynight as i did the past week.

    By Blogger Ratface, at 8:50 AM  

  • i think its that abs class your going to.

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:02 AM  

  • Yummy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home