Snippets from Science

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's Not You, It's Me...

Haven't we all been there before? I know I've actually used that line...and have heard it. But, as the Phat Phree says, there's nothing quite like saying "fuck off" like the break-up mixed cd. I've always been a HUGE fan of the mixed cd...not just for boyfriends, but for anyone. I think it's a great way to share a little bit of my life with someone else. And since music is just about the most important thing to me, what better way to say "I love you", or "Happy Birthday!", or "Rot in hell".

http://www.thephatphree.com/Features.asp?SectionID=11&StoryID=2072&LayoutType=1


Personally, I wouldn't dream of making a break-up mixed cd without including "Last Goodbye" by Jeff Buckley, "Pictures of You", by the Cure, "Radio" by Alkaline Trio, and "Screaming Infidelities", by Dashboard Confessional.

And you?

3 Comments:

  • ooh, i'll add "hope it felt good" by nikka costa and "you know what you are?" by NIN.

    By Blogger Robert, at 8:18 AM  

  • Great choices.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 11:39 AM  

  • I'd add "Don't you wish your (new) girlfriend was hot like me"
    and "My lovely lady lumps" and "Laffy Taffy". I mean, i need to remind them what they're missing!

    By Blogger Ratface, at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home