Snippets from Science

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

To All you Lovers out there...

Happy Valentine's Day. I've only had a Valentine date twice in my life...well, 3 times if you count last year, but he's an asshole, so I don't. I remember getting really offended when a certain boyfriend made alternate plans on Valentine's Night. Man was I pissed...I had bought a little number and everything, and I didn't even get to wear it.
Luckily, the only man I'll be swooning over tonight is Morrissey. That's right. Tonight, in celebration of pathetic lonely hearts everywhere, I'll be doing Smiths/Morrissey karaoke. For those of you who don't know, the Smiths was a very popular band in the 80's, lead by front man Morrissey. They broke up in '87 I think?, and many attest their demise to Morrissey. I don't really know the details- I was only 7. But I do remember listening to the Smiths as a 3rd grader...thanks to me older brother. Morrissey is one sappy guy- lovesick, pathetic, and self-loathing. My favorite combination! So tonight I'll celebrate this lovely day of days by singing along with the greatest Valentine of all time.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home