Snippets from Science

Friday, March 10, 2006

Free Therapy

My friend Lauren is great. Lauren and I met as freshman year roommates at WVU. Even before we met, face-to-face in Bennet Tower, we talked on the phone...a lot. Got to know about each other's likes and dislikes, colors for our dorm room, anticipation for band parties, etc. We became great friends fast, and thankfully, still remain great friends. Even though she now lives in England, we talk almost every day, about everything from purses to beer to family issues. I think we are each other's free therapists...well at least she is mine. Lauren is studying for her Masters in social work (is that right, Laur Laur?), so naturally, she is good at listening and giving advice. I can always count on her to make me feel better about things, and she gives great advice.
So thanks for the free couch, Lauren! I'm too broke for a shrink- I'm lucky to have you.

2 Comments:

  • I remember meeting her and she said "wanna go to a tupperware party" (is that it? where you bring your own cup to drink? maybe i have the wrong name) on your first night in town. you then explained what it was to me.

    By Blogger Ratface, at 7:41 AM  

  • That sounds like me. Or Beckie Could be either of us, really. My bad habits were learned early on.

    Oh the shame. I probably should have been to fewer tupperware parties, and more study groups.

    And the freakin degree thing. I am currently studying my my masters in Human Relations. It's kind of a bullshit, catchall degree. When we make it stateside again, I want to complete a masters in Social Work.

    And you can always use my couch. Preferably to sleep on when you come visit, but you get the idea.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home