Snippets from Science

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Jetset Jealousy

I'm jealous because all of my co-workers are planning their summer vacations. "But Hilary", you might say, "you will be in fabulous, stinking hot, NYC this summer. There is a ton do to!" And you are correct. I'm very excited for all the free things that happen in the summer- Central Park concerts, museum excersions, shopping, being outside whenever possible, friends visiting, etc. It'll be good. But I'm still jealous of week-long Disney plans, condo rentals in Daytona Beach, and 2-week coastal trips in California. I like to cruise Craigslist and check out housing swaps- "My Amsterdam for your NYC" or "My London flat for your East Village Apartment" (I don't have one of those). Then I like to go to the Room Rental Page- "Austrian ski chalet- easy commute to Salzburg- ski out your front door", or the Vacation Rental page - "Kingston, Rhode Island beach house- 4 br- 1200/week." Yeah. I could deal with any of those.
I do plan to get away a little this summer. The Jersey Shore weekend, of course. And Robert and I are going to find cheap flights to Chicago to visit Terry. I'd also love to get to Vegas to see me sis, but I'm not sure if any cheap deals will come my way. Here's hoping. That my have to wait until fall.

In other news- I finally saw the hot elevator repair man who works in Robert's building. Let me just say- wow. Wow, wow, and wow. I was picturing some Baltimoron, blue collar, just happens to be hot repair guy. But this guy? This guy could model. Yup- he's that hot.

3 Comments:

  • you've got coney island

    By Blogger Ratface, at 8:45 AM  

  • Um, I might come see you. That's vacation enough.

    Oh, wait, that's a vacation for me. Ooooh I'll be a tourist in my own country. What a great idea! I am going to get one of those shirts and a fanny pack. You are going to love it when I visit.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:37 PM  

  • You guys are always welcome in Florida! Melbourne has miles of beautiful coastline, the intercoastal waterway perfect for jet-skis and boats, 40 minutes to Orlando, 20 to the Port and Space center.

    By Blogger Florida Opera/Waitress, at 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home