Snippets from Science

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Out with the Old...

My mother and I just spent the past 3 hours cleaning, and I mean scrubbing on hands and knees, my kitchen and dining room. We also threw away my living room carpet, and about 4 other HUGE bags of heavy trash. It was kind of gross..this apartment is the dustiest place I've ever lived. I just hope it keeps its shine for another week- I ain't doing this again.
As I was tossing things I no longer want/need into garbage bags, I came across an item I've had for years; a gift from a former boyfriend. I wasn't really holding onto this thing for sentimental reasons- in fact, I tried to get rid of it before but was convinced to keep it for memories. Well shit. I have the memories- I don't need some doodad that's really just taking up space to remind me of all the things- good and bad- we went through. So, along with the last bag of trash went my doodad, right into the dumpster.
And the new chapter begins...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home