Snippets from Science

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Happy birthday to meeeeeee

Well we just got in from a wonderful evening of drinks, food, and cheesecake. Robert, Amanda, and I met Erin (Cavanaugh for those of you from Peabody) and Erin's boyfriend Tim for dinner at a place in the Meat Packing District called Markt. I randomly discovered Markt on a flier (which I stole from work) about the Meat Packing District. Turns out this handy little meat guide lists all the hot restaurants, bars, and shops in the area. Lucky for us, Markt made the cut.
Markt is a Belgian-inspired joint, serving up 29 different Belgian beers. The location was great- only a block from the subway, in the heart of the MPD. The restaurant itself takes up half a block, with outdoor seating, but windows that open up and make the indoor seating also seem outdoor. Make sense?
Anyway, I arrived about 1/2 hour before anyone else, so I asked the bartender for a beer recommendation. (Any bartender whose fade resembeles Vanilla Ice and starts out the convo with 'What can I get ya, pretty lady?' deserves my attention). I had a Belgian-style blonde that is actually brewed in Cooperstown, NY. It was gooooood.
After everyone arrived, we sat (and waited a while, but it was busy) and gossiped/caught up. More beers later (Delerium Tremens, Dan), we ate. (I ate Hoegaarden-steam mussels and frites), and talked some more. I likey this place.
After we were sufficiently full, we hit the road and Robert and I popped into the bakery across the street for some sweet returns.
All in all, a great day. I was so glad I had great friends with whom I could celebrate, and who were up for some Wednesday night drinkin! Cheers.

4 Comments:

  • Do you realize that this your first birthday since we have met that I haven't been there with you? Ah well, I expect you to take me to all of these great places when I move to NYC which will be...um....before you know. That will be so "Fetch"!

    p.s. you should have gotten by b-day gift by now. what the "F"?

    By Blogger missnakia, at 7:00 AM  

  • Happy Birthday! I can't believe that it has been a year since we were at Red Star!
    Did that bakery have Penis Cake?

    By Blogger Florida Opera/Waitress, at 10:30 AM  

  • i'm always up for drinking on a wednesday! or monday, or tuesday, or...

    By Blogger Ratface, at 1:30 PM  

  • What a great birthday. Beer and belgian food.

    Hope you had a good one. Jeremy and I had a beer (cerveca?) for you in Granada.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home