Snippets from Science

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Buh-Bye

Well folks, I finally got a full time job. I start tomorrow at Columbia- in the Alumni Relations Development Dpt. It sounds fancy (re: Hopkins Neuroscience), but once again, it's purely admin. And I'm OK with that.
I actually interviewed for this job months ago, but just never heard anything. I was very surprised to get an email, asking if I was still interested/available last Friday. Being that I'm currently rotting away from boredom and annoyance at my temp post, I said yes, and can I start this afternoon? After a dispute with my temp agent (she wanted me to stay here for the remainder of the week), I decided that I would only be working a half day today. I told them I have an audition, but honestly- I have errands to run. So cheers to me!
So we'll see how it goes. The commute will be a bit longer than I would like (probably an hour door to door), but them's the breaks. I love the UWS, so I will also be able to stop at Zabar's after work, or Central Park, or Lincoln Center. Plus I get tuition exemption, and will able to take a class or two with just fees due. Not a bad deal, if I do say so myself. Oh- and I'm working right beside Riverside church- audition central!
As for now, I must get back to filing for my remaining two hours here. Oh joy. Oh rapture.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home