Snippets from Science

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

What Smells like Cheese?

What IS that? It's either feet or Stilton...not sure which one. It's making me hungry and grossing me out at the same time.

Anyway...why don't some people understand the concept of personal space? Why do these unaware folks feel the need to crowd me and make me feel violated? This morning, while pressing the "up" button for the elevator, some man, a faculty member at that (and not foreign), pressed the "up" button IMMEDIATELY after me...like..1 nanosecond after me. Why? I already pressed it. So, the elevator came, and as we entered (him trailing my heels), I pressed 8 and he pressed 4, about 10 times while pressing the "door close" button. "Is he REALLY in that much of a hurry?", I thought to myself. When more people got on the elevator one floor later, he continued to press the 4 button 65 more times...like that will make the door close any faster. He finally got off, at 4 (shocker), and ambled down the hall, probably invading more peoples' personal space and being just generally annoying.

Argh.

2 Comments:

  • if it's any consolation to you, my finger is EXHAUSTED from pressing 4 so many times.

    By Blogger Robert, at 6:48 AM  

  • so I take it that you don't like the cheese basket that I sent to your office?

    just wanted to "show how much I cared", 's all.

    By Blogger George Lam, at 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home