Snippets from Science

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Sunshine and Farts

I just got home from a nice, relaxing mini-break in Rhode Island. I went to R.I. to visit one of my best friends from undergrad, Danno. I was really looking forward to getting out of Mobtown for a few days; after all, I never had a real vacation this summer, and things are beginning to get just stressful enough that I was ready to punch someone. Needless to say, a few days in gorgeous New England is just what the therapist I wish I was seeing would say is in order.
I arrived Wednesday night, and Danno met me at the airport. We went to his house, where I met his big but cute dog, Rocko. I got settled, then we headed out to have some beers and meet some friends of Danno's. I got trashed, which was the plan, and had a great first night in the lost colony. The next few days were spent touring the state (it's not very big, so everything is close together). It's simply gorgeous- blue blue ocean, greenery everywhere, clean roads and streets, and cute shops and restaraunts. It really is the kind of place I would like to live someday, when I'm through with my citylife.
I met Danno's closest friends, who were all very cool, and learned a lot about my friend Dan and his life, growing up in East Greenwich. I had a great time with my old Mountaineer buddy, and can't wait for him to come see what my life is like here in Charm City. I know he'll never want to leave b/c Baltimore is so great. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Pictures soon to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home