Snippets from Science

Monday, September 26, 2005

Ho Hum

A snippet from Jake Bronstein's latest blog entry:

Have you ever met someone who made your heart pound just thinking about them? Someone who’s lips captivate you? Someone you’re drawn to, even against your better judgment? Someone who makes you laugh harder, smile bigger and feel more alive than ever before? I have. That’s passion. It can’t be faked. And it’s rare.

Sadly, it goes both ways. Anyone who can truly make you happy can also make you truly sad. And sometimes, a passionate relationship isn’t actually a good relationship (I’m pretty sure Pammy and Tommy video taped this very phenomenon).

The thing is, you can’t fake that passion… either it’s there, or it’s not. It’s not going to grow out of thin air somewhere down the line. But if it’s there to begin with, when the time IS right, if you want to, you can can forge a good relationship. A passionate one. A sexy, fun, adventurous one.



I couldn't agree more. I'm not usually one to write a sappy, heart-on-your-sleeve entry...so I won't. But I will say, I know exactly what Jake is talking about. Hearing about/witnessing recent break-ups in my friends' lives and trying to be the voice of reason and repair has made me take a look at my own relationship past. I've said it before and I'll say it again- I like being single. I like not having the baggage of a relationship, the emotional ups and downs, the inability to concentrate on day-to-day tasks. BUT..I also like having my heart pound, being captivated, smiling and laughing harder and bigger- experiencing that passion. Yeah yeah yeah...timing is everything. I know that. But why can't the timing hurry it up already?

2 Comments:

  • ok, hil, could we please NOT make it so obvious that you want to date me?

    jesus, awkward.

    By Blogger Robert, at 6:56 AM  

  • i "miss" the "pounding" the most.

    By Blogger George Lam, at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home