Snippets from Science

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I'm full

Eating at a good restaurant in New York is expensive. True, you can find good eats cheap, and that's how I usually roll, but once in a while (re: 3 times a year or so), I like to treat myself to a meal that costs as much as one week of groceries. Last night, I had dinner at Blue Ribbon. It's only about a 5 minute walk from my apartment, and I've been anxious to eat there for quite some time. It's not "upscale" like Jean-Georges (I don't think I'd even be able to afford a salad there), but don't let the relaxed atmosphere fool you. The food was off the hook, and I ate a ton, yet, I didn't leave feeling like I was going to explode.
For starters, we had three appetizers: asparagus vinegarette, the steamed artichoke, and the special- a Jersey tomato with house-made mozzaralla, and local zucchini. Deeeelish. For the entree, my friend and I shared the 40 oz. steak for two, that came with fries and spinach. It sounds like a lot, and it was, but the dishes were spread out so evenly that we never felt overwhelmed. For dessert, we split the profiteroles which were heavvvvvvvvenly, and then- I finally felt full.
Now I'm going to have to go on a century just to burn off all of last night's dinner. Diet starts Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home