Snippets from Science

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Small world

First of all, I noticed on my commute this morning that I can see the Statue of Liberty. I think that's pretty cool.

Secondly, I'm always amazed at how connected everyone is. Six degrees of separation is no joke. Last night, I hung out with my roommates for the first time since moving in. We all work different hours, so going a week or so without seeing one or both (and soon to be 3) of them isn't unusual. I got home around 8:00, and we headed down the street to a Mexican (yes, Mexican) joint. I hate Mexican food, but I didn't want to poo-poo my first dinner with my new roommates, so I just ordered something that I knew wouldn't make me sick. And you know what? I didn't get sick. Anyway, we came home, and a friend of my roommates' came over. Now, one of my roommates is from MD, and this dude who came over is also from MD. We discovered that a) my roommate's mom went to WVU, B) the dude who came over went to CCM and is a former singer turned chef, and C) the dude knows my friend Jeff (WVU clarinetist and friend of mine for 9 years). Who knew? My random craigslist roommmate is 2 degrees of separation from me.

That's New York.

1 Comments:

  • umm, craigslist roomie? i need more info.
    fuck, it's andrea.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home