Snippets from Science

Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Lost Colony

Tonight I am headed to Kingston, Rhode Island to visit my friend Danno. Dan. Dan? Danno. I can't call him Dan. I know too many Dans, and Danno has always been Danno. We met as freshmen at WVU, at a house party. I was checking out some cute boy, who got lost in the crowd, and Danno- who is quite tall- offered to hunt the boy down for me. I told him he didn't need to bother; I just thought green coat was cute. That was 9 years ago, and we are still friends to this day. He said he can't believe that I'm excited to visit Rhode Island (as he has lived there his whole life), but hello! It's beautiful there. And it's not New York City. It's quiet and clean, with boats and beach, and rich people and pretty mansions. Actually, that's pretty much exactly like New York, minus the quiet and clean.

Anyway, I'm headed to visit him tonight for a quick catch-up, and then back to kick some serious ass in bocce quarterfinals on Saturday. Boccismo! is sitting pretty right now, tied for the No. 1 spot. I really think we stand a great chance of clenching the league title this season. Keep your balls crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home