Snippets from Science

Monday, August 06, 2007

You won't phase me out

Last month, I put my NYSC membership on hold because I couldn't afford it. I meant to cancel the damn thing, but you are required to give 30 days notice, so I figured it was easier to pay $15 to freeze the account than whatever ridiculous amount it would cost to cancel it on the spot. To my surprise, NYSC charged me for a full month's membership this month- even though the membership is SUPPOSED to be frozen- and that has screwed me. Of course. I have been trying to get through to "member services" for 3 days. I have been on hold, or waiting to talk to someone, for 3 days. I wait an average of 45 minutes every time I call, putting the phone on speaker, listening to the awful music that sounds like something straight out of Quantum Leap. I've called the actual gym to complain and find out another way for me to get my money back, but alas- THERE IS NO OTHER WAY. I'm not convinced there actually IS a "members services". How is it possible that every time I call, I'm on hold for 45 minutes? You can't tell me that the phones are THAT tied up. Or are they? Is everyone in New York pissed off at NYSC? Or does someone have a tracker on my phone, which sends out a message to anyone/everyone who wants to call "member services", and they are just beating me to the punch?

$88 is $88. I will not be phased out. I'll stay on the line all afternoon if I have to. By the end of the day, I'll have an overwhelming desire to go home and watch some early 90s dramas.

1 Comments:

  • I just hope they don't ask you to wait ONLINE for something....then the shit will CERTAINLY hit the fan!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home