Snippets from Science

Thursday, August 02, 2007

$40 a Day

More like $15, in my case. In the second and last of "Hilary's nights of dining out in Park Slope" series, I went to a great Thai place last night. It's a few blocks from my apartment, complete with a gorgeous outdoor patio, a DJ (although no one was spinning when I was there), a bar, and low lighting (thank God because I wasn't wearing any makeup and I was sweating). My meal cost $8.00 total, and I can honestly say I was full. I'll go back.
However, the highlight of last evening's excursion was my trip to Bierkraft. This was my first time actually going inside Bierkraft- I've been admiring it from the street for nearly a year now. I could have gone in anytime, but I knew I couldn't leave empty-handed, and there was no way I was carting beer from Park Slope to Astoria. Like a kid in a candy store.
Here are my wares:


Bierkraft really is a beer lover's paradise. Now, as you may or may not know, my favorite beers are those of the Belgian persuasion, followed closely by German brews. I have never been a huge fan of super hoppy beers, so IPAs were never on my list of must-haves. However, in an effort to appreciate the fine art of brewing in all its forms, I've started to incorporate hoppier beers (hoppier? is that right?) into my drinking diet. Upon entering Bierkraft, I immediately called Alex- the IPA king- to ask his advice on some good American microbrews. Aside from the Belgian tripel (haven't had this one before), and the Weizen (HAVE had this before) I purchased, I also got 3 brews from Dogfish Head: Indian Brown Ale, Raison d'etre (had this before), and Craft Brewed. I also purchased a Victory Primia Pils- Alex's favorite beer of the moment- and sampled that last night. It's a good beer- perfect for summer. The pricetag for these 6 handsome brews? $17.00.

Bierkraft is only a 10 minute walk from my apartment. I have a feeling that it's going to become my new Omonia cafe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home