Snippets from Science

Monday, July 09, 2007

BK represent

Tonight, after bocce ball, my teammates and I elected to have pizza for dinner. There are several good pizza spots in Park Slope (the neighborhood where I play), but no- we decided to go to L&B in Gravesend instead. This place is no joke. They have been featured on the Food Network several times, for best pizza (sicilian!), and best pasta. It's a huge restaurant, with more of a beer garden than a pizza parlor feel. The pie was off the chain, and the next time I go, I have to save room for spumoni.

Now, for those of you not familiar with Brooklyn, I've attached a map. I play bocce in Park Slope. L&B is in Gravesend.


Now let's take a look at a subway map. (I really do find this all very interesting, and I love going to new neighborhoods.) I got on the N train at Ave. U in Brooklyn (the yellow line), and got off at Broadway, which is in Queens. Doesn't look like it's all THAT far apart, but it does take about an hour and 20 minutes.

Worth it? Come one! Fuggetaboutit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home