Snippets from Science

Monday, July 02, 2007

Still Ill

Oh Morrissey. You don't tour very often. I've only seen you once, and that was 10 years ago, in a very bizarre ballroom in Glen Burnie, MD. But, you had "throat problems" this weekend, so you were forced to postpone your Philly and New York shows. Had I purchased a ticket, I would have been pissed. But, since I've seen you once, I won't pay $50 to see you again. There is a handful of bands I would pay $50 to see- the Beastie Boys, U2, and Radiohead, and I saw Radiohead on the Bends tour yeeeeeeeeears ago.

Anyway, I went to what would have been a Moz after party to see The Sons and Heirs, a New York-based Smiths/Morrissey tribute band. Now, usually tribute/cover bands are, well, not good. But these dudes? Amazing. They dress like the Smiths, and "Ronnissey" has Moz's moves DOWN. Check em out:



And, if you don't know who the Smiths are, here's the real deal:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home