Snippets from Science

Monday, June 25, 2007

Little Debbie

On Saturday night, I went to the final NYPhil concert of the season, where I heard Ms. Voigt sing some Strauss songs, and I heard the orchestra play Mahler 7. Now, if you know me, you know how much I love Mahler. In December, I saw Chicago Symphony play Mahler 7 at Carnegie Hall (one of the top 3 best concerts I've ever been to), so the NYPhil had some big shoes to fill. They sounded amazing, especially in the last movement where it's balls to the wall brass and percussion- it gives me chills. Such amazing writing.

Deb was pretty awesome too. I wasn't as impressed with the beauty of her voice, although it is obviously very beautiful, as I was with the sheer power and size of it. Good God that woman can wail. A Mahler/Strauss orchestra is as big as they come, and to carry over a 130 piece orchestra, and be heard with NO trouble, is amazing. Even in her lower range, I heard every note. Pretty impressive. Plus, she looks good too. Just think of all the work she had to do to regain that support and muscle after her gastric bypass. Singers are cool.

The rest of my weekend included birthday parties, strong Belgian beers, a housewarming party, and watching this show. Wowza.

2 Comments:

  • wow...a housewarming party. Sounds like a very cool guy and his little lady must have thrown it. And handsome...did I mention he must have been handsome?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:52 AM  

  • OMG i saw that show on bbcamerica too....so creepy!!!!

    By Blogger midwest princess, at 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home