Snippets from Science

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Lesbians, Strollers, and Coffee shops- here I come

As I said in a previous post, Park Slope sometimes gets a bad rap for being home to ex-mats (my own word; re: ex-Manhattanites). Child-bearers, lesbians, everything in between make up the population of this community. And you know what? I like it. Yes, some residents are a BIT too earthy for me (what, with the co-op and all), but it's a beautiful neighborhood right on Prospect Park, with tons of restaurants, bars, cafes, and brownstones. After many a viewing, I finally got an apartment last night.

The location is boss- right on the main drag of 5th Ave- and a 5 minute walk to bocce. I've never minded commuting out to the Slope for bocce, but I have to be honest- walking home in 5 minutes vs. taking the train home in an hour is something to look forward to. I can finally get my bike, since Prospect Park is a mere 3 blocks away, and the apartment is smack dab in the middle of the R and F. Both local (shit), but both trasferable to express (not shit).

One of the best parts about my move is Robert's future Brooklyn adventures. He LOVES coming all the way out to Brooklyn, and now, he has an even better reason- me! (And lesbian bars. He loves those.) And who knows- maybe we'll even run into Steve Buscemi.

1 Comments:

  • ha! i just had a new jersey adventure on sunday, so i have to cool my jets for a few weeks.

    By Blogger Robert, at 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home