Snippets from Science

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Weekend listenin'

I don't say this to be all "too cool for school", but I really do check the NPR website several times a day. I can't listen to the radio on the way to work, or anywhere really because I don't have the patience to download podcasts, so I catch up online, while I'm "working".

Anyway, there are two great World Cafe features this week, so if you are looking for something to listen to while working, or cleaning your house, or whatever check 'em out.

The first is Jason Isbell- the former frontman of the Drive-By Truckers. I am in love with this. It's great summertime music, and he's got a hot southern drawl. I give it an A.

The second is LCD Soundsystem, whose praises I have sung for years. James Murphy is awesome, and every album is amazing. Bucket and I went to see them a few months ago, and it's easily the best show I've seen all year. Well, maybe not easily, but it is. It's the best. I love it. A +.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home