Snippets from Science

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Fancy

You may or may not know who Brooke Astor is, but her funeral is this Friday at St. Thomas, and I just got a phone call to sing in the choir. Now, I'm not saying that a funeral is a good thing, but the woman WAS 105 years old, had quite the fulfilling life, and is now having all the stops pulled out for her with the St. Thomas Men/Boys (plus a few sopranos) choir and all of New York's elite. (I actually don't know who will be there- I'm just imagining the wealthiest of the wealthy will be in attendance.) Who knows? Maybe someone wants to hire a soprano for a socialite wedding, or better yet, Karl Rove's going away party.

2 Comments:

  • holy shit! she has some of the most amazing jewelry ever. well, had. also, her son is accused of elder abuse against her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:26 PM  

  • Yes, I know. It's insane.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home