Snippets from Science

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'm tired of thinking of titles for blog entries

Last night, when I got home from work, I approached the kitchen sink to wash my hands before making myself an awesome dinner of scrambled egg whites and bacon, but to my surprise, there was a visitor in the steel basin. A tiny mouse was caught in a sticky trap, IN the sink. The poor thing was caught, but not squealing, thank God (I can't take the squeals)- so I just picked up the trap and took it outside, where unfortunately, it suffocated. I can't bring myself to smash the damn thing, even though I suppose that's more "humane".

This whole episode reminded me of the time last summer when Amanda and I had to pick up a LIVE PIGEON (obviously very sick) off of the stair, put it in a paper bag, and take it outside, where I assume it died.

Next thing I know, I'll assisting in the birth of kittens, helping some random cat that happened to wonder into my cubicle at work.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home