Snippets from Science

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Get me to the church on time

In the last week, three friends (well, 5 including the spouses-to-be) have become engaged. Three. In one week. Three.

I am very happy for all of the betrothed; Lord knows I'm not ready for a lifelong commitment just yet. Of course, I haven't had a boyfriend for a few years and seem to be going on dead end date after dead end date, but aside from that, I'm cool with waiting on the ol' ball and chain.

It makes me wonder, when exactly do you know you want to be with someone for the rest of your life? Do you know from the beginning? Is it something that takes years to decide? Does it happen after you start living together? I'm in the dark here, as I don't think I've met my future partner yet. Or maybe I have, and I just don't know it. I suppose it's different for everyone- the time frame in which one decides to fully commit for life to another human being. With the divorce rate being 50% in this country, it's not a matter to be taken lightly.

It might be a good idea to open a credit card strictly for "Weddings '08" expenses- Williams-Sonoma will be seeing a lot of me.

3 Comments:

  • hil-ray, worry not. you will find love on 8/8/08. we can have a double wedding!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 AM  

  • mine was supposed to be 6/6/6

    By Blogger Ratface, at 2:46 PM  

  • hi lady!
    you are so sweet.

    By Blogger Jessica, at 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home