Snippets from Science

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Turkey Countdown

Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks and I can't freakin' wait. I haven't been out of New York since August (that's 3 months, if you forgot how to count), and that's quite something. Someone once said to me, "the key to surviving New York is to get out at least once a month." I couldn't agree more. But, when church obligations kick in, money talks. Needless to say, I'm in dire need of a vacay and some peace and quiet, so I'm counting the days. For the past two years, my brother and his wife have hosted Thanksgiving, but this year, the power goes back to my mother. I know she couldn't be happier. What Ryon woman likes to relinquish power? Not a one.

If you know me, you know how much I love food. Shopping for it, cooking it, looking at it, reading about it, eating it- you name it, I love it. Unfortunately, my genes don't let me love food as much as I'd like to without gaining 65 lbs. So, moderation is key.

In honor of the year's best day for food, I've decided to post a daily dish that one might find at the Ryon Thanksgiving table. (As I typed that last sentence, I thought- do we have 14 different dishes? Yes. Well, maybe. No? I don't know.) At any rate, let's get this thing started.

Today's Ryon Recipe is:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Cranberry Bread! My mother usually makes both pumpkin and cranberry breads, and freezes the extra loaves for Christmas. I'm not big on traditional dinner rolls with Thanksgiving dinner, but I do absolutely LOVE cranberry bread.

3 Comments:

  • well, i was actually looking forward to, you know, a cranberry bread RECIPE. but...no.

    By Blogger Robert, at 1:07 PM  

  • hope the green bean casserole with cheese and mushroom soup comes next!!

    By Blogger Ratface, at 2:35 PM  

  • I would like to come over for turkey day. Do you think your rents would mind if I landed a parachute in their backyard before dinner?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home