Snippets from Science

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Colbert Report Report

Be sure to check out Rolling Stone for what is an awesome cover story on the two best journalists around.

I went to a taping of the Colbert Report last night, and it was pretty awesome. I had never been to a TV show taping before last night, so I really didn't know what to expect. It was all run so smoothly, and was exactly a half hour from start to finish. Stephen was hilarious, witty, dry, and intelligent; proving why more young Americans trust him and Jon Stewart more than any other news source. Except for maybe Anderson Cooper, and that's just because he's hot.

When we got home, we were just about climb the stairs to our apartment when I saw what I thought was a black plastic bag on the bottom stair. (For those who don't know, the staircase leading up to our apartment is indoors; we are on the third floor.) Upon closer inspection, we discovered that it was not a black bag, but a pigeon. A LIVE BIRD. INSIDE. Oh, and btw- I hate birds. Well, the bird didn't flinch when we walked past it, so it was obviously hurt or sick. I didn't want to deal with a dead animal in the morning, let alone the disease it could be carrying, so Amanda and I had to take matters into our own hands. We put on rubber gloves, and I picked up the bird while Amanda held open a paper bag. We took it outside and attempted to dump it out of the bag, but it wouldn't move. As much as I really dislike the species, I felt bad for it. It was clearly dying.

Only in New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home