Snippets from Science

Monday, October 30, 2006

The funniest thing I've read today

From today's Unethicist on Gawker:


I am a hospital physician. My department schedules us to work a few weekends a year. Like other doctors, I'm occasionally assigned to split a pair of weekends with someone who makes religious observance on Saturdays, so that he can work two Sundays, burdening me with two weekends of obligation. Is it O.K. to make me accommodate someone else's religious practices? Name Withheld

Oh, you are so cute! "I'm occasionally assigned to split a pair of weekends with someone who works as a dishwasher and has a lot of family living in the south." "I'm occasionally assigned to split a pair of weekends with someone whose children excel at math and science and who inverts his l's and his r's." "I'm occasionally assigned to split a pair of weekends with someone who has a great, seemingly innate sense of rhythm and eats a lot of chicken." So, you work with a Jew. On to your adorable question, Baby Hitler.

Man, you would sort of think that six years of medical school or whatever would kind of beat the bitch out of you, but I guess not. "I've been asked to come in and save lives ... ON THE WEEKEND!" I'm sure you've got an extra box of tissues in your BMW 335i for all your salty bitch tears.

Maybe instead of complaining about how some Jew has Jewed you out of your Saturday afternoons normally spent ignoring your wife and shopping on the Hammacher and Schlemmer website for The World's Best ball shaver, you should remember why you got into this business in the first place: all that fucking cash. Dude, how awesome is that?!

You could also get a hobby, like building your own synagogue and then burning it down in hateful protest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home