Snippets from Science

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Yeah, I know it's Stupid...

...but these are ridciulous things that annoy me.

1) People who walk in my "blind spot"- I can't see you, but I know you're there! Speed up and pass me, or drop back and chill. But for cryin' out loud, get the hell outta my blind spot, especially when you have an entire sidewalk.

2) Lots of commotion near my desk. I sit right in front of the receptionist. Thanks to the office renovations a few months ago, I actually have a tiny bit of privacy, but still- it's like a fuckin' stampede up in here. CONSTANT walking back and forth, talking, shuffling papers, and dragging feet.

3) Dragging feet- figurativly and literally. This really irks me, particularly when the foot dragger is wearing sandals. Honestly, is it THAT difficult to pick up your feet? Combine foot dragging with blind spot walking, and you have the ultimate annoyance. For me, anyway.

4) People who sit in the MIDDLE of two subway seats. Not because they need the extra room, but just because they are assholes. (OK, so this probably annoys a lot of people, but it needed to be said.)

5) "Sidewalk Swayers". These are people who can't decide on which side of the sidewalk to walk. (Could the words 'side' and 'walk' be used any more in that last sentence?) I hate this because if you're trying to walk past a swayer, you never know which way to go. Just when you think you're all set, they swerve and you nearly run into them. Being confronted head-on with a swayer is worse: you don't know until they've suddenly decided they want to be where YOU are, and then you have to hurry up and get out of the way. One of these days, I'm gonna keep walkin' and not move. I'm gonna clothesline all y'all bitches.


So there it is. Are these things silly? Yes. Is it stupid that I'm bothered by all of the above? Sure. Call me neurotic, or call me a New Yorker.

1 Comments:

  • Just wanted to say I watched your purcell performance and you were FABULOUS!!

    By Blogger Jessica, at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home